I can perhaps cut down on the intake of coconut-milk based foods, blended oil etc in order to cut down on my intake of saturated fats and choose fresh food over processed foods over processed foods so as to reduce my sodium intake. Besides that, I should also consume calcium-enriched breads and biscuits, green leafy vegetables, calcium-fortified juices, high-calcium soya bean milk, ikan bilis, sardines (with bones), tofu, as well as milk and other dairy products since Vitamin D helps our body absorb calcium.
Also, the suggested nutritional tools are really useful in the sense that they serve as a motivation for me to keep track of my diet and stay healthy. :D However, it could have been much more useful if there were more food items available. >< The analysis were really in depth but at the same time clear and easy to understand, hence allowing me to understand my diet better and my diet's adjustment that i need to take.
I consider my one-dish meal (Spaghetti Aglio Olio Piccante with Broccoli and Ham) to be healthy. Firstly, the intake of sodium is lower than the usual recipes. Secondly, unsaturated oil - olive oil instead of saturated oil, which contributes to high levels of cholesterol in the blood (a risk factor for atherosclerosis and heart disease) , is used is used in this recipe. Also, Olive oil is the best, healthiest oil there is and it's important for our health! :'D Besides that, using wholemeal spaghetti, the fibre intake will be increased and the calories intake is also reduced. (Y) At the same time, this dish adheres to the Healthy Diet Pyramid and is a balanced meal that consists of dietary fibre, water and nutrients such as carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
-spaghetti -> carbohydrates
-broccoli ->dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals
-ham ->proteins and fats
Hence, I feel that my suggested one-dish meal is rather healthy :DD
lOVe,
❤ernice :b
I feel that Vernice's blog is well-organised and clear. She has done a good job in analysing her diet using quite a few of food-intake-assessing tools.
ReplyDeleteIn fact, I think that it is well-thought out of her to include the recipe of her healthy one-dish meal. With the use of images and procedures listed, it is very clear in demonstrating to people who are interested of how to make the dish. She has even analysed her own recipe to prove to the readers why the dish is healthy for our bodies.
In conclusion, I think she has done an excellent job. Keep up the good work!
~ Chi Wen